Tuesday, October 23, 2012

© by Michael Long 2012
 The baked potato was a test on more food photo's.  Since I'm working on my food portfolio,  I wanted to show a wide range of photo's, So the baked potato was lunch and what the heck, I'll just photograph that spud before I eat!!!
© by Michael Long
 This foam doesn't relate to food but fun to do.  It's a macro photo of shaving foam.  I shot with a 50mm lens with a 36mm extension tube.  Which as you can see got me up close and personal. 
© by Michael Long
ICE TEA,  this was a test of fake ice and fake condensation.  The trick is to spray a dull spray on the glass,  I used a matte finish on the glass taping off the top of the glass about a half inch down from the top.  After that had set up,  I did a mix of 50% warm water to 50% white corn surpry.  and shot that through a little sprayer to mist it and POOF you have condensation on your glass.  I read about this trick sometime ago in one of my food styling books.  And today was the day to give it a try.  The foam or air bubbles at the top are done with an eye dropper.  So there you go, cold looking ice tea.  And another photo for the portfolio, or a technique to use for a picture for the portfolio........ 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael, Love the tricks with the condensation and fake ice - I never would have guessed! Thank you for sharing them. This is a perfect shot for your portfolio! Please keep up the tips and the posts to G+.

    ReplyDelete