Monday, August 5, 2013

Hamburger Testing

© by Michael Long 2013
This morning I did some testing on photographing a hamburger. I started with a dozen buns to find one that looked good to photograph.  I used leafy green lettuce,  Only used the leafy ends making a skirt around the bun base.  Next came the burger, which was only cooked on one side very rare.  I torched the meat to bring up the other side to match.  I I used toothpicks to secure the patty onto the bun. To keep the meat from drying out I used Pam cooking stray to bring it back to life.  I also used make up wedges to give the meat a little height.  Of course as you can see the tomato came next with water spray on the outer side to keep a fresh look.  I thousand Island dressing was applied after the burger was assembled.  The dressing was applied on set with eye droppers.  And that's it.  The lighting was diffused daylight from the right and silver reflector on the left.  And Poof that's what it takes to take a picture of a hamburger...  

No comments:

Post a Comment